Digital Marketing is a booming, dynamic, and vast field of marketing with n number of digital marketing job roles. Every specific job role helps you develop the right digital marketing skills and strategies.
There are different job roles in digital marketing, like marketing campaigns designing, maintaining, supplying the right content for an organization, engaging people through social media, and checking and keeping visitors flowing on the website.
A brief about Digital Marketing roles & responsibilities is there for developing strong and innovative digital marketing strategies using PPC, SEO, SEM, and other techniques to attract traffic to the company’s website and increase awareness of the company’s products and services. Here is why digital marketing is a good career option.
Digital Marketing is for creative and passionate people. The digital marketing job field is highly result driven and enhances your knowledge and creativity skills. There are many digital marketing job roles. Here is a list of the digital marketing roles and responsibilities in a digital marketing company.
1. Digital Marketing Executive
A digital marketing executive is responsible for looking into the online marketing strategies for the organization. They plan and execute marketing campaigns, and maintain and supply content for the organization’s website. Here is a list of digital marketing executive roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Manage the organization’s website
- Optimize content for the website and social networking channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, etc
- Track the website traffic flow and provide internal reports regularly
- Fix any error in online content and arrange webinars and webcasts
- Attend networking events and product launches.
- Identify new digital marketing trends and ensure that the brand is in front of the industry developments.
- Work on SEO of the website pages.
- Edit and post content, videos, podcasts, and audio content on online sites.
- Promote the company’s products and services in the digital space.
- Execute social media efforts to improve KPIs, likes, shares, tweets, etc.
- Creating and executing SMS, and email-based marketing campaigns.
2. Digital Marketing Manager
The primary role of a digital marketing manager is to get the word about your brand out in the digital space. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a digital marketing manager:
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing campaigns that promote the products and services of a company.
- Enhance brand awareness in the digital space.
- Drive website traffic and acquire leads.
- Measure site traffic, identify and evaluate new digital technologies and optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, social media, and display & search advertising using web analytics tools.
3. Search Engine Optimizer – SEO Executive
The primary role of an SEO specialist or an SEO executive is to rank a website page on the search engine result page and to increase the website’s traffic. The SEO sector is booming day by day, and SEO executive jobs will always be in demand. SEO executive roles will be available only in large companies with marketing departments. The SEO executive job role is available for all degree students, but it would be a plus point if you have a degree in digital marketing. You must have relevant experience and a high level of technical skill. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of an SEO executive:
- Conduct on-site and off-site analyses of clients in various industries.
- Compile performances report using the Google Analytics program.
- Keep attention to the updates of Google’s Algorithm.
- Contribute to the company’s blog for on-page and off-page optimization.
- Conduct keyword research according to the latest keyword research strategies
4. Social Media Marketing Expert
A social media marketing expert is responsible for combining marketing and social media management to enhance the company’s social media presence, interact with target audiences, promote the brand’s engaging content, and expand the opportunities for increasing revenue.
A social media marketing expert should have the understanding and knowledge of each social media platform, social media marketing strategies, and how to optimize content to make it engaging on social media channels. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a social media marketing expert:
- Create social media marketing strategy and campaign by creating the content idea, budget planning, and implementation schedules.
- Promote the brand’s products and services on various social media channels.
- Build a social media marketing strategy and execute it through competitive and audience research.
- Optimize company pages with each social media platform to increase the company’s social content visibility.
- Achieve audience engagement, website traffic, and revenue by exploiting all digital marketing aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
5. Digital Marketing Copywriter
There are many job roles for a copywriter. A digital writer produces the written content for web pages. They can work either as a freelance content writer or as an employee of a company. The copywriter can help the content team to refine their content and words used to get more reception, help the search engine marketer to write a better ad copy, and help the social media manager with better words for posting on social media channels. Here are a few job digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a digital copywriter:
- Tailor the content and style of writing assignments according to their purpose like sell or inform.
- Understand the target audience because content writing is not for clients. It’s for the readers. So a copywriter should understand the interests of the target audience.
- Work with a different teams to ensure quality results and quality visual elements of the web page complementing the words.
- Identifying interesting and fresh angles every time for an article.
- Write for blogs, web pages, social media, ebooks, slogans, and video scripts.
- Assist with the business pitches to win new clients and projects.
- Provide digital content such as videos, infographics, images, etc.
6. Conversion Rate Optimizer
A conversion rate optimizer is responsible for the conversion rate optimization of a company’s conversion strategy and lead generation. It’s the most crucial digital marketing job role. They are responsible for managing, testing, and implementing conversion points in the digital marketing funnel. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a conversion rate optimizer:
- A/B Testing, measure the performance of CTAs and improve conversion rate consistently.
- Optimize the marketing conversion paths.
- Optimize lead-to-customer conversion rate.
- Managing and optimizing CTAs, landing pages, and lead generation forms.
- Collaboration with each team responsible for social media posts, email, and blogging to optimize each conversion path.
- Increase the marketing funnel efficiencies.
- Increase qualified marketing leads and conversion rates for the sales team.
7. Search Engine Specialist/Marketer – SEM Specialist
In a small company, a digital marketing manager does all the tasks of a search engine marketer. However, when it’s a big company, there is a dedicated search engine marketing specialist also known as an SEM specialist to target the number of leads and clicks from the given marketing budget, manage bids, keyword research, analysis, ad copywriting, and test ad campaigns. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of an SEM specialist:
- Achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns by collecting and analyzing data, and identifying trends and insights.
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC campaigns.
- Optimize the landing pages of paid search engine marketing campaigns.
- Research and analyze advertising links of the competitors.
- Manage the expense and budget of campaigns, and estimate monthly costs.
- In-depth website analysis.
8. Inbound Marketing Manager
An Inbound Marketing Manager is responsible for attracting traffic, and qualified prospects and converting them into customers and leads. Here is a brief description of the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of an Inbound marketing manager:
- Build and manage rich content like blog posts, ebooks, webinars, whitepapers, infographics, reports, etc. which attracts qualified traffic.
- Optimize lead nurturing process and marketing automation through content, social channels, and email.
- Propose new and improved ideas for inbound marketing campaigns.
- Create, manage, and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns leveraging inbound marketing, SEO, email, mail campaigns, and events to drive customer acquisition.
9. Content Marketing Manager
A content marketing manager is responsible for content marketing. Managing blogs, marketing campaigns, ebook publications, guest blogging, email communications, video marketing, sales page copywriting, etc. are the roles of a content marketing manager. Here are the brief descriptions of the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of a content marketing manager:
- Create, edit, and improve the content that the audience is looking for and optimize the path to conversion.
- Deliver effective editorial plan and content marketing strategy to meet the business objectives. Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content development,
- categorization, structure, distribution, and management.
- Measure and optimize on a regular basis to drive traffic, engagement, and leads.
- Integrate content programs with brand campaigns to drive the demand for the brand.
- Develop an editorial calendar.
- Receive customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement.
- Analyze web traffic metrics.
10. Analytics Manager
The Analytics manager is responsible for the implementation of tools and strategies to translate raw data into valuable business insights. Here are the digital marketing roles and responsibilities of an Analytics Manager:
- Understand the business objectives and needs.
- Develop the right strategies for effective data analysis and reporting.
- Define the metrics and relevant data sources of the company.
- Select, configure, and implement analytical solutions.
- Lead and develop a data analyst team.
- Extract reports from multiple sources like IT, operations, and customer feedback.
- Transform the raw data into actionable business insights through statistics and data models.
- Present the analytical findings to the senior management.
The above digital marketing roles and responsibilities provide a range of practical descriptions of digital marketing jobs. The digital marketing field is growing day by day and is coming up with immense job opportunities for you. Are you excited to be a part of this booming field? Master your digital marketing through our digital marketing certificate courses. Join Patna Institute of Digital Marketing to get a clear vision of all the roles of the digital marketing field and all digital marketing aspects.